Sacred Heart School was built by the first Parish Priest, Tom Linnane.
With a growing population of young families, Father Linnane saw the need for a Catholic school to be built alongside the Sacred Heart Parish Church. Father Linnane, with the support of the parishioners, bought three blocks of heavily timbered land adjacent to the church in Coolgardie Street.
On 21 December 1952, Sacred Heart School was opened and blessed by Archbishop Redmond Prindiville.
The Sisters of St Joseph of the Apparition were the first order to take residence with an enrolment of sixty-five students, catering for year one to year ten classes. Over the next twenty years the Sisters of Joseph of the Apparition time was filled with extraordinary stories.
In 1975 the sisters had to make the sad decision to leave Mundaring and move to Kalamunda.
In the same year, the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart accepted the role of educating the children in Mundaring and the surrounding districts. They continued with the high standards of excellence in education, encompassing the arts with many young aspiring pianists ‘banging’ on the piano.
By 1985 the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart found it necessary to withdraw from the school and the first lay Principal was appointed.
Our history includes so much building and re-building. However,